Sunday, January 23, 2011

It's time for a new party!

Here we go, a brand new blogging get-together for 2011! This should prove to be a colorful Party. The 4th week of each month, beginning on Mondays, will be open to all bloggers showcasing creations they are working/worked on or collection of vintage finds that fit into a color catagory.

 January Color Of The Month Is Blue
When you think of the color blue, do you think of a robin's egg? An azure blue sea, a clear blue sky, or the icy blues of a wintery landscape?  Well, let's see your true blue examples. Flow Blue China, Pyrex, Sapphire Jewelry, Blue Chintz Pillows, Blue Boy Print.........as always you all have some great ideas of your own.


The Linky is up and running. It's easy to use. After you have "published" your Cottage Color post on your blog, stop by Etsy Cottage Style and put your name and the permalink to your post into the Linky sign up box.

What is a permalink? A permalink is the direct link to your post, as opposed to your general blog address. When someone visits Etsy Cottage Style during the week and clicks on your link, they will be taken directly to your Cottage Color post instead of having to search through your most recent posts to find it.

There are two ways to get your permalink. One way is to click on the title of your Cottage Color post, then right click on the URL address showing in the address field at the top and select Copy. Then paste this link into Linky which will be available here. Click on "Enter" and you are all done! You will see your permalink posted. :-) Or, another way to add your link for Linky is to right click on the title of your Cottage Color post, select "copy shortcut" and then paste this link into the URL box on the Linky sign-up.


Please remember this is a blog get-together to share vintage finds, collections, or how you utilize vintage items in your designs. Selling sites will be removed. Selling sites are welcome every first Monday of the month at Market Mondays





just a side note...the thumbnail links are no a longer free service from the host! So if you click on the box above, you can add your link and see the others that have joined in too:)


18 comments:

Linens Lace and Lattes said...

Love Vintage Blue and participating in this party too!
thanks,
deb
linenslaceandlattes

luluslovlies said...

Love all things vintage, my post is up and linked, thanks for hosting the party! Heartful Hugs, Marilou of Lulu's Lovlies

OF SPRING AND SUMMER said...

Hi,
Blue is such a wonderful colour. It comes in so many shades and is so easy to combine with other colours.
Lovely party!
Ingrid xx

Diane said...

Good Morning!
My link's attached! Thank you, once again, for a fun idea!
Happy Monday!
Diane from Diane Knott's Musings

Sara said...

I have linked up. thanks for hosting the party. Hugs Sara

Kat from California said...

My best blue creation, this month, was the new header and background that I introduced earlier this month. You can find the link to that post @

http://katspurrfectboutique.blogspot.com/2011/01/january-background-and-header.html

Please check it out.

Thanks, Katharine

Brenda ~ Shabby Cats and Roses said...

I've got my post all up and linked back to here :) I had a few things that are vintage and blue to show everyone, and looking forward to seeing everyone else's blues.

Warmest hugs, Brenda

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Love your pretty blog and what a fun party! I will have to join in sometime but today I'm having my own party. I'll be back, promise!

Blessings,
Sandi

Denise@alloverroses said...

My post and link are up. Should be a fun party!
Denise

bj said...

This is a fun idea.
I have trouble remembering MONTHLY memes but I am working on a calendar to help remind me! (remember...I am olden and have senior moments...A LOT.) ;))
I'm not sure I can get in on the BLUE but...I surely will try.
xo bj

bj said...

Oh, wait...I do have the blue hour
in my post today. Would that be a good entry for your party...? It's ok, if it's not. I can always find BLUE around my house.:)

Lululiz said...

It was a very grey dark day here today, photographing anything was out of the question. But, I did have BLUE photos of bits and pieces in our French cottage, which I hope you will enjoy.

Melody said...

Wow guys, we're so happy you all seem to like this new meme! We can't wait to show you the new ones to come.

Sherrie said...

Hi Melody. Thanks for the invitation to the party. Glad I could join in with my blue.

Cutie's Cottage said...

Just posted for the party..I look forward to looking at all the post

Cin said...

Lovely~lovely~lovely! I love vintage, and I love your cottage style, your corner is soo lovely. It is soo me, am glad that I've found this room!
Cindy

Rebecca said...

Sounds like a fun party-ill be back to check it out

redjanfan said...

hope it's not too late to comment being that it's Feb now. I love irridescent blues from dragonflies and damsel flies to butterflies and fish scales and oil slicks. My other love is shoes and I have a wonderful pair of irridescent blue ones with 3.5" stiletto heals. mmmm lovely